Quality and Consistency
Automation ensures that every action is performed the same way, with high quality, reliable results. This reduces the amount of time spent perfecting one task, or inputting manual data elements as a corrective action. Information is input the same way every time, eliminating repetitive processes and improving organizational productivity. As healthcare becomes increasingly digitized, and reimbursement processes become more complex, the way organizations manage data is changing. For a health system seeking to improve process, adhere to workflows and reduce cost, automation delivers a level of speed and accuracy, within time and business constraints, that is highly adaptive to the following areas:
- Data migrations; bringing over all disparate data from multiple platforms and sources, sorting through complex adjustments to be sure the data is clean, available and in the right format.
- Lab/Pathology/Clinical Processes: Thousands of hours of manual data entry can be eliminated, reducing cost and user fatigue for laboratory, pathology, clinical and administrative staff.
- Revenue Cycle / Claims Management; Eliminate unnecessary tasks and align process steps to optimize the flow of information throughout the revenue cycle, inputting missing information, automation completes repetitive, high-volume, error-prone tasks while collecting simple metrics for reporting., billing and collections.
More than 50% of providers report symptoms of burnout. The current demands on physicians and clinical staff are unsustainable. Gaps result in medical mishaps and undue stress. The following areas are only a fraction of the areas that can benefit from automation;
- Faster Data to Enrich EHR: Automation accurately performs short or long manual data entry, complex calculations, processing and sorting data in disparate systems, such as appointments, past medical history, complex chronic disease management data and medication history.
- Automation lightens the workload: Continuously efficient regardless of volume or variety of data, automation eliminates tedious tasking, anywhere in the healthcare ecosystem, from supply chain to back office billing. Automation reduces the administrative data burden.
- Access to data-rich insights: Automation provides a safety net for patients and staff. By providing accurate data in all situations involving medications, allergies and adverse reactions. In addition, population health derives a benefit from automation’s ability to sort through complex stores of data for useful information to monitor chronic patients.
- Adaptive staffing: Machine learning is being used to adjust staffing to support fluctuating emergency department patient volumes and to reduce wait times in ambulatory services.
23 percent of hospitals say they are seeking to invest in AI and RPA solutions today. Half of these have committed to do so by 2021. Healthcare organizations that deploy intelligent process automation solutions can significantly increase the quality of their operations, while greatly reducing their cost structures.
How can we help you win with the intelligent use of automation?
#bridgethegaps #usability #emr #ehr #rcm #ai #automation #machinelearning
About Boston Software Systems
Since 1985, Boston Software Systems is the dedicated leader in healthcare automation. Hospitals, health systems, and providers have streamlined data management and improved accuracy while reducing costs and administrative burden. We have worked with all of the leading EHR vendors, while optimizing usability and user satisfaction.
Our exclusive healthcare experience offers a thorough understanding of the unique challenges of HIPAA, PHI, and security. We have thousands of connections working with all applications and vendor systems, and provide 100% US-based support.