Boston Software Systems Automation Powers Efficiency With eClinicalWorks Patient Kiosk
Boston Software Systems uses automation to attach documents that are created in the patient kiosk system to patient records in eClinicalWorks EMR. This eliminates the need for manual processes, and is a repeatable process that can be used across the community health system, dramatically improving efficiency and reducing data-driven administrative fatigue.
When business processes fail, the healthcare organization feels performance pain. Replicating these deficiencies many times over during a typical workday can be devastating.
Automation Powers the Transfer of Self-Service Kiosk Documents to the EMR
Self-service patient kiosks are great for collecting necessary forms, signing documents, and preventing patient pile-ups at the front desk. The issue was in transferring the multiple documents to the EMR system. The process, which should have worked seamlessly from one EMR to the other, instead caused roadblocks in accessibility, data transfer, data matching, and data integrity.
- Transfer documents from the patient registration kiosk to specified fields in eClinicalWorks
- Multiple fields with patient documentation are validated before uploading to eClinicalWorks
- Lower expenses, improve accuracy, and reduce administrative data burden by saving hours of manual scanning and data entry
- Increase face time with patients, vs screen time, and enable the ability to respond to messages and requests in a prompt, efficient manner
- Manual data-driven processes now perform at a greater level of speed and accuracy
- Corresponding sections in patient kiosk were populated in the eClinicalWorks progress note with 100% accuracy, requiring no manual intervention
- An immediate as well as a continuous ROI was realized, by automating what would have been hours of manual data entry, and months of administrative and clinical data burden
About Boston Software Systems
Founded in 1985, Boston Software Systems is the worldwide leader in machine learning and healthcare automation. With an exclusive focus in healthcare, expert knowledge of HIPAA, PHI, and security regulations, and entirely US-based support, Boston Software Systems accelerates the performance of data, eliminates technical complexity, cuts cost, and improves workflow for the entire healthcare ecosystem.
Contact: Matt Hawkins